Herbal Diet Tea
Herbal weight loss products, including herbal diet tea, can be an excellent alternative to traditional weight loss medication and, in many cases, may be safer and just as effective. What can herbal diet tea and fat burning supplements do for you?
First, they can control appetite so you eat less. Second, they can boost energy levels, which in turn helps burn calories more quickly and efficiently.
Third, they can help burn fat by creating more "internal heat" (thermogenic energy), which burns fat and helps convert calories to energy rather than fat.
Herbs to look for in an herbal diet tea or weight loss product
- Concentrated Green Tea Extract: Green tea has been used as a powerful antioxidant and multifunctional remedy for disease, aging and weight loss for hundreds of years.
Green Tea extract also contains a natural substance called epigallocatechin gallate or EGCG, which is a known cancer fighter and energy enhancer.
- L-Carnitine: This natural compound has several functions as an ingredient in herbal weight loss products and energy enhancing supplements.
L-Carnitine is a central player in energy production and maintenance. It assists in burning excess body fat by enhancing cellular energy and activity in the brain.
L-Carnitine also improves mental and physical performance levels, helps to slow the aging process, decreases symptoms of depression and acts as a mood enhancer, and helps to support bodily functions that typically demand high energy expenditures.
- Fucus vesiculosus otherwise known as Bladderwrack: Bladderwrack is an excellent hormone balancer, which in turn can help to control the appetite. Research has documented that hunger is directly related to fluctuations in hormones and hormonal imbalance in both men and women.
In fact, hunger is controlled by two hormones. One is called ghrelin, which was dicovered by scientists in early 2001 as the hormone that regulates hunger and tells the brain when it is time to eat.
The other is called leptin, which controls food intake and body weight -- and prolongs periods in between food cravings and urges.
- Chromium: Chromium has been called a "miracle mineral" for its abilities to control and stabilize blood sugar levels. The mineral helps in fat reduction and the formation of lean, sculpted muscles through the manipulation and control of blood sugar, fat storage and the utilization of calories.
Herbs To Avoid in Herbal Diet Tea and Weight Loss Supplements
Although this list is short, it provides a basic understanding of what to look for and what to avoid when shopping online or in stores for herbal diet products.
- Guarana: This herb is a stimulant that may cause nervousness, dizziness and sleeplessness in some people.
- Ma Huang: Products or supplements containing Ma Huang, which is just another form of the banned ephedra, are known to cause nervousness, rapid heart beat and dizziness.
It is not recommended since there are so many other good herbs out there that will enhance energy levels and burn fat that have zero affect on your sense of health and well being, do not cause rapid heart beat of nervousness, and do not cause "let down" periods after the product has worn off.
- Cola or cola nut: Another stimulant. Try to avoid it if you can.
Don't forget, a good diet must be built on wise food choices and some kind of physical activity to be a success.
Herbal diet tea and other products can help you get there… you just need to know what you're getting.
Always consult a medical professional before using herbal diet tea and other herbal slimming products.
This article was written by Danna Schneider, founder of Dieting Magazine Online.
More on Herbal Diet Tea
Herbal Tea Benefits
Health Advantages of Green Tea
Wu-Long Tea for Weight Loss
Return to HOME page